We asked our staff to try and sum up what Intensive Interaction is to them, the benefits they see for students,
and how it makes them feel. It wasn't easy to put into words, but here are some of their ideas and comments:
- Unlocks another part of them
- You feel happy as you can connect with the students in a way you haven’t before
- See the social development- more interaction with us and their peers
- Satisfying knowing the student is engaged and having fun
- Lost in the moment
- Build a relationship and bond that is not possible with other strategies
- See them in a different light
- Kids teach us!
- Special time
- Quality interaction
- Having a 'chat' doesn't mean you have to use words!
We hope you have enjoyed our posts for intensive interaction week and look forward to bringing you more in the future. We would like to thank all of the students and staff that made intensive interaction week such an exciting event.
You can download further information on Intensive Interaction and a PDF of all the staff comments from the Intensive Interactions section of our website (Speech and Language therapy). Please speak to a Speech and Language therapist if you require further information on intensive interaction or other communication strategies.
« Previous Page